Completed MAPPING program in 2015
- Organize a cardboard boat regatta each summer.
- Established a program to connect elementary school teachers with regular, in-class, community volunteers.
- Each fall, Hillsboro hosts a European Style Harvest Market with a variety of vendors and entertainment.
- Hosted a pop up coffee shop that spurred the development of a bricks and mortar coffee shop.
- Created an adopt-a-pot program and decorate the flower pots for each season.
- Developed an educational video on the common core being implemented at area schools.
- Hosted a Peace Corps Fellow.
- Established the “awww yeah!” campaign to highlight the positive things happening at Hillsboro Schools in the newspaper, on radio and on the Facebook page.
- Cleaned and remodeled a local stage and began offering a summer concert series each summer.
- Crafted a promotional website at imagine-hillsboro.com.
- Hosts an annual back-to-school Luau and pool party.
- Organized a very popular holiday celebration ‘A Storybook Christmas’ featuring a new holiday book each year with volunteers dressed up as characters from Christmas books.
- Volunteers planted 22 trees in Challacombe Park.
- Organized a chili cook-off with a grand prize of $1,000 for the Harvest Market.
- Working with area schools to provide training for teachers and students in computer coding.
- Developed a community garden.
- Worked with the City and MCEDC to bring fiber connectivity direct to homes in Hillsboro and add free wifi throughout downtown.
- Hillsboro initiated the Hillsboro Community Development Corporation, a for profit group focused on housing development.
- Recieved $370,000 in Housing Rehabilitation Community Development Block Grant funds from the Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity.