Skip to content
Completed MAPPING program in 2011
- Shelbyville created the organization Shelbyville Works to represent the entire MAPPING group.
- A bike trail connection to downtown Shelbyville is fully funded and in design (funded 80% by an ITEP-2010 grant pursued by members of Shelbyville Works and 20% to be funded by the City of Shelbyville).
- Shelbyville applied for and was awarded a $1,041,630 ITEP-2012 Streetscape grant for improvements to downtown Shelbyville.
- Developed a shop local campaign.
- Holds an annual City Walk Shelbyville – guided tours of the historic downtown.
- Created new city website – www.shelbyvilleillinois.net.
- Developed façade program utilizing TIF funds. Architect is developing renderings for façade improvements for several businesses. First renovation has been completed.
- Promoting Shelbyville Schools long-range facilities plan, including a recently completed construction project for geothermal service and air conditioning for the middle school. Were successful in putting together a nearly interest free bond issue and grant funds for project.
- Created and implementing an entrepreneurship program at the high school.
- Organized and implemented a spring planting along Main Street that brought out 42 volunteers and brightened the downtown with colorful plants.
- Created professional marketing materials for the community, including a logo and video.
- Utilizing social media to promote Shelbyville and the Shelbyville Works group.
- Created a community volunteers database to recruit and effectively manage community volunteers.